The Security Industry Association (SIA) Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Advisory Board, launched in 2023, is intended to encourage greater information sharing among SIA members – and their partners and customers – about established environmental, social and governance practices. The ESG Advisory Board serves as a platform for dialogue about these critical marketplace issues, which may lead to enhancing ESG strategies to meet customer expectations, global ESG standards, investor interests and government requirements. Potential activities for the board may include:
- SIA facts sheets/briefings summarizing key provisions of globally recognized socially responsible practices such as the UN Global Compact
- Case studies of proven ESG practices that may be shared with consumers, security practitioners and potential employees
- Thought leadership to security practitioners about managing ESG threats related to enterprise security
- Recognition of members that achieve defined ESG goals established by the advisory board
- Educational sessions at ISC West and other industry events
- A SIA-promoted industry community service day
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on a SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.