Critical infrastructure is essential to a functioning country. The industry provides power to run manufacturing plans, running water for sanitation and gas for vehicles that transport the people and goods driving the economy. This report created for Security Industry Association (SIA) members by Omdia in partnership with SIA assesses the U.S. market for physical security equipment in critical infrastructure in the power generation, oil and gas and water treatment sectors and explores the impact of COVID-19 on the critical infrastructure market. It is presented along with a companion report, SIA Practitioner Insights: Oil & Gas Sector Report, which features interviews with oil and gas industry practitioners sharing opinions on security threats, best practices and adoption of key security technologies for securing oil and gas facilities and environments.
Key Topics Highlighted in This Resource
- The legislation and regulation landscape for the critical infrastructure market
- The current energy mix in the United States, including primary energy sources, production and consumption
- Threat levels, impact and probability
- The impact of technology trends in video surveillance and analytics, drones and thermal cameras on the power generation and oil and gas security markets
- Key market opportunities for winning end users' business
MORE SIA VERTICAL MARKET REPORTS FROM OMDIA:
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: Federal, State & Local Government (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: K-12 Education (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: Health Care (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: U.S. Office Buildings (2020)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Education Market (2019)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Health Care Market (2019)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Retail Market (2019)
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.