This 2021 vertical market report, produced by Omdia exclusively for the Security Industry Association (SIA), assesses the U.S. market for physical security equipment in K-12 school security applications. It examines key market drivers and barriers for the school security vertical, the role of security technology in helping administrators protect their students, teachers, staff and facilities. It also explores funding opportunities for school security projects. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, the education market remains an important segment of the physical security industry. The US market for physical security equipment in K-12 (kindergarten to 12th grade) and higher education was worth $716 million in 2020. This includes revenues generated by sales of video surveillance, access control and intruder alarm equipment and is measured at factory gate prices. The K-12 education market is estimated to account for around 56 percent of the total market in 2020, an equipment revenue opportunity of $405 million. The school security research report offers:
- A school security market growth forecast
- Data and statistics on K-12 school security expenditures and education funding
- Analysis on COVID-19 impact on school security spending
- K-12 school security equipment market research, covering such segments as
- Video surveillance in schools
- Access control for school facilities
- School identification badges and credentials
- A review of market drivers and barriers impacting school security spending
How to Access This ReportThis report is free to access for all SIA members and persons who work for SIA member companies (see a list of member companies here). Log in below to access this report. If you are an employee of a SIA member company and need to resolve account access issues (or would like to join SIA), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Free With July 29 K-12 Virtual Event RegistrationNot a member and want access to this report? Registrants of SIA's Vertical Insights Symposium on K-12 School Security (July 29, 1-4 p.m. EDT) will receive a copy of this market research report. Registration for the virtual training event starts at just $49. Register here for the virtual symposium.
MORE SIA VERTICAL MARKET REPORTS FROM OMDIA:
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: Health Care (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: U.S. Office Buildings (2020)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: U.S. Power Generation. Oil & Gas and Water Treatment Sectors (2020)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Education Market (2019)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Health Care Market (2019)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Retail Market (2019)
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.