In recent years, equipment vendors and service providers in the physical security industry have evolved their business models from selling discrete products to a more solution-driven strategy. Fundamental to this transition has been a greater focus on the end user. Instead of promoting standard devices across different vertical markets, manufacturers, systems integrators and consultants are working together to build solutions designed to meet the specific requirements of each customer. Consequently, understanding the demands of a physical security end user is more important than ever before. What is their opinion of cloud or artificial intelligence technology? Why did they choose their service provider? What would make them change providers? Where do their security budgets come from, and will they increase in the future? The Security Industry Association (SIA) has partnered with IHS Markit, one of the world’s leading research firms, to produce this white paper for SIA members. The goal of this paper is to help service providers and equipment suppliers assess the opportunities and challenges in the education market, specifically in K-12 (kindergarten through 12th grade). The paper will:
- Quantify the opportunity for physical security equipment and services in the education market in the United States
- Discuss the main trends and market drivers impacting the physical security industry in education with a focus on transformative technologies
- Present the results of a survey of 50 education physical security end users in the U.S., covering topics such as technology acceptance, service provider decisions and budget planning
MORE SIA VERTICAL MARKET REPORTS FROM IHS MARKIT AND OMDIA:
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: Federal, State & Local Government (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: K-12 Education (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: Health Care (2021)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: U.S. Office Buildings (2020)
- Physical Security Vertical Market Assessment: U.S. Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Water Treatment Sectors (2020)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Health Care Market (2019)
- Physical Security in the U.S. Retail Market (2019)
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.