Event venues are limited in their ability to establish counter-uncrewed aircraft systems (UAS) given the myriad of regulatory nuances and lack of a clear national framework for addressing the topic. The Biden administration has published a plan to address this concern, the Domestic Counter-UAS National Action Plan.
The SIA Counter-UAS Working Group was created to actively support the work needed to accomplish the recommendations of the national action plan and further educate and give authorities options to mitigate UAS attacks. This group collaborates with external organizations and recruit industry experts aligned with this goal; tracks and monitors supportive legislation; and identifies, educates and engages legislators.
SIA Counter-UAS Working Group Members
The Counter-UAS Working Group is comprised of the following individuals:
- Bill Edwards (Chair), Building Intelligence
- Sean A. Ahrens, Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
- Jason Cansler, UASidekick
- Dan Dunkel, Dedrone
- Casey Flanagan, AeroVigilance
- KC Jones, Gate Keeper Enterprises
- Roger Jordan, SAIC
- Craig Kubala, Imperative Systems
- David Lewin, Echodyne
- John Petrone, Petrone Risk
- Mark Schreiber, Safeguards Consulting
- David Segalini, Imperative Systems
- Mike Stoll, Automatic Systems Inc.
- Koby Tanzer, Imperial Capital
- Jayde Wilks, DroneShield
- Linda Ziemba, AeroDefense
- Authored a series of articles on important drone and counter-UAS topics
- Communicated support for S. 1631, the Safeguarding the Homeland From the Threats Posed by Unmanned Aircraft Systems Act of 2023
- Provided topic input for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security speaker at the SIA National Capital Region Security Forum’s June 2023 counter-UAS event