Autonomous Solutions Working Group
About the Working Group
SIA’s Autonomous Solutions Working Group (formerly the AI, Drones and Robotics Interest Group) brings together members of the security industry, end users, technology experts and other interested parties to promote best practices regarding the use of robots in security, develop research, offer guidance on legislative and regulatory matters and enhance communication and collaboration.
Working Group Goals
- Equip SIA members with resources to understand, share and implement security and facility solutions that feature autonomous functionality
- Provide a member forum to discuss solutions, case studies, applications and opportunities
- Advocate for responsible use of artificial intelligence- (AI-) enabled autonomous solutions, whether they are fixed or mobile
Join the Working Group
Want to get more involved in autonomous solutions efforts? Join the Autonomous Solutions Working Group! We’re looking for SIA members who:
- Strive to provide the most up-to-date solutions to their base in order to provide the best solutions and capture competitive advantages
- Are interested in where AI-enabled solutions are headed
- Want to influence manufacturers’ design and applications
- Held Part 1 of the SIA Artificial Intelligence Town Hall Series on Sept. 27, 2022
- Held “Bridge” session at ISC West 2022 on developing a channel for drones and robotics
- Published Changing the Channel, a report exploring the challenges and opportunities presented by drones and robotics solutions to security integrators
- Launched webinar series on artificial intelligence
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on a SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.