Security Industry Events Calendar
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
The SIA security industry events calendar is a guide to SIA official events and major industry events, as well as events where SIA has a presence or a partnership.
- This event has passed.
SIA Artificial Intelligence Town Hall Series, Part 3: Selling New Technology Internally
June 27, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
The Security Industry Association (SIA) Autonomous Solutions Working Group is pleased to present the third in a series of free virtual town hall events focusing on key artificial intelligence (AI) topics. Part 3 of this AI town hall series will focus on how to equip security directors for the internal sale of new technology. Designed for security practitioner teams and vendors delivering advanced, “early adopter” types of technologies like AI-powered solutions, this webinar will look at how innovative practitioners can expertly advocate for the application of new technologies, including how to convince the C-suite of the value proposition and how to unlock new funding sources.
The panel of speakers all draw from extensive experience leading corporate security practitioner teams. Security executives Brian Tuskan from ServiceNow, Damian Torres from Thermo Fisher Scientific and Michael Marin from Dexcom will be joined by moderator Steve Reinharz (SIA Autonomous Solutions Working Group chair and CEO of Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions) for this engaging discussion on how to prepare would-be technology adopters to advocate internally for purchase of advanced security solutions.
- How security practitioners can sell the value proposition of advanced technology investments
- Common stumbling blocks to creating internal support for new technologies
- Tips from top security leaders for generating internal success on new technology projects
- How and where technology vendors are blocked during the internal process
- How to improve your skills at selling new technology or security changes to your corporate C-suite
This event will conclude with Q&A with our speakers, so please come prepared with your AI questions.
- Michael Marin, head of global security, Dexcom
- Damian Torres, security manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Brian Tuskan, vice president and chief security officer, ServiceNow
- Moderator: Steve Reinharz, chair, SIA Autonomous Solutions Working Group; founder and CEO, Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions