Security Industry Events Calendar
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
The SIA security industry events calendar is a guide to SIA official events and major industry events, as well as events where SIA has a presence or a partnership.
- This event has passed.
SIAcademy LIVE! Cybersecurity for Physical Security Professionals II
October 24 @ 3:00 pm - November 9 @ 4:00 pm EDT
About the Course
SIAcademy LIVE! is a series of instructor-led virtual courses to help you grow your business and technical know-how. In this series, developed in partnership with PSA Security Network, participants will learn about essential cybersecurity and networking subjects that are crucial for physical security professionals. Whether you are responsible for deploying and overseeing security solutions or require a solid grasp of these concepts for effective collaboration with partners and clients, this series of expert-led sessions has you covered.
The topics in this learning series address key concepts covered by the Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification (SICC) that will help you to enhance your cybersecurity knowledge, understand the cyber threat landscape, and become well-equipped to engage confidently in collaborative efforts, ensuring a higher level of security and competence in the physical security domain.
This series is ideal for:
- Technicians, installers and project managers
- IT directors, managers and tech support
- Security consultants
- Engineers (systems, application and IT), designers and integration specialists
- Sales and marketing professionals who need to be knowledgeable on customer networks and cybersecurity requirements
- Session 1: Public Key Infrastructure and Secure Network Communications (Tuesday Oct. 24, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT)
- Session 2: How Vulnerable Is Juice Shop? A Secure Code Review of Insecure Code (Thursday Oct. 26, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT)
- Session 3: Best Practices in Patch Management and Software Security (Tuesday Oct. 31, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT)
- Session 4: Advanced Encryption Standards (Thursday Nov. 2, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT)
- Session 5: Onboarding New Technicians and Installers: Upskilling Practices That Work (Tuesday Nov. 7, 3:00-4:00 EST)
- Session 6: Defense in Depth and Common Attack Vectors (Thursday Nov. 9, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST)