Security Industry Standards Council (SISC)
The SISC is the Balanced Consensus body that votes on proposed standards that are being considered from the following ANSI Accredited SDOs:
- Security Industry Association
- The Monitoring Association
ANSI Standards In Process:
- TMA AVS-01-202x, TMA Alarm Validation Scoring (new standard)
Public Safety officials in municipalities establish alarm response policies specific to their jurisdiction. Such an ANSI standard will be created cooperatively with Public Safety stakeholders. Alarm scores would be calculated by an alarm monitoring center process and technology. Alarm scores transmitted to Public Safety in a standardized manner minimizes workflows within Public Safety. It allows Public Safety to take advantage of the data without the burden of receiving and analyzing it themselves. Additionally, the standard can enable processes for data relative to a Call for Service, to be “pulled” by Public Safety on demand
For more information on participating, contact: Bryan Ginn, (703) 242-4670, email@example.com 8150 Leesburg Pike, Suite 700, Vienna, VA 22182
- SIA OSDP
Policies and Procedures:
- Review and coordinate the standards activities of member SDOs.
- Vote on draft standards submitted by organizationally accredited, member SDOs.
- Review proposed new, revised, or withdrawn standards and their associated development documentation to approve (or disapprove) actions on ANSI accredited standards.
- Identify and include any additional Interest Segments in the security industry or Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) developing standards for the industry.
- Identify related organizations with relevant expertise for SDO assistance and coordination in their individual standards projects.
- Maintain relationships with organizations that could affect the security industry and participate in their standards activities; such as UL and ASIS International.
- Increase overall effectiveness and efficiency of standardization in the security industry.
- Enhance industry standards activities with shared perspectives among industry SDOs.
- Produce, thorough coordination of industry SDOs, high-level standards that harmonize the individual standards activities of the SDO's and optimize the utility of those activities.