The Government Relations Committee advises SIA members regarding legislation, regulations and other pending government actions affecting the security industry, and makes recommendations for related actions.
- Representation of SIA Members and their interests before federal and state policymakers
- Formation of Security PAC political action committee
- Publications & Tools (Security Policy Brief, Federal Grants Guide, SIA Export Assistance Guide, SIA Guide to Navigating Federal Contracting Rules)
- Webcasts on emerging policy issues affecting the security industry
- Security Policy Brief: A new tool exclusively for SIA members, which provides detailed tracking of state legislative issues affecting the security industry
- Regulatory Relief: The signing of the Power and Security Systems (PASS) Act in November 2017 culminated a year-long effort to preserve an important exemption from federal energy efficiency rules critical to the operation of security and fire alarm systems.
- Tax Reform: The tax overhaul signed into law by President Trump in December 2017 (P.L. 115-97) provided key incentives for businesses to purchase fire and security systems.
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on an SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.