The mission of SIA’s Facial Recognition Working Group is to advise and participate in legislative advocacy and communications efforts, help determine priority areas of focus and to support initiatives serving the needs of the industry. The group also works to ensure SIA and its members – as subject matter experts in facial recognition technology and its uses – participate as stakeholders in the development of any policies affecting the use of facial recognition technology.Keep Reading »
The Security Industry Association’s (SIA’s) Global Commerce Working Group educates SIA members on ongoing bilateral and multilateral trade issues and pertinent security – both physical and cyber – issues impacting global supply chains used by various SIA members. Additionally, the group helps guide SIA’s actions on related policy developments.
The Global Commerce Working Group is open to members possessing specialized expertise in trade and supply chain issues and members wishing to learn more about these issues related to their work responsibilities.
Goals for the working group include:
- Identify legislative, regulatory or other policy proposals that fit the group’s scope and objectives and require SIA advocacy or education to members
- Drive educational content across the industry from the SIA brand and platform
- Conduct outreach to appropriate government agencies to ensure SIA may provide input into key proceedings and agency actions on supply chain policies impacting the security industry
- Conduct outreach to international security organizations and associations and collaborate on joint projects, initiatives and forums
- Identify and plan future SIA forum and panel discussion initiatives on topics of interest impacting trade and supply chain security
The Government Relations Committee advises SIA members regarding legislation, regulations and other pending government actions affecting the security industry and makes recommendations for related actions.Keep Reading »
The Identity Working Group promotes the effective use of identity management solutions in the public and private sectors by providing resources and insight to policymakers on biometrics, physical and logical access control systems, Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management (FICAM) infrastructure and other related issues.Keep Reading »
The Procurement Policy Working Group serves as a forum for members to discuss policy issues that impact their ability to conduct business with government customers and help guide SIA’s involvement on procurement policy issues.Keep Reading »
The State & Local Policy Working Group monitors state government activities affecting the development, use and sale of security solutions and provides insight into the state legislative challenges facing the industry while shaping SIA’s engagement on these issues.Keep Reading »
The Transportation Policy Working Group provides industry insight to government decision makers on funding or policy issues affecting deployment of security solutions for mass transit, freight and passenger rail, aviation and highway systems.Keep Reading »