Women in Biometrics Awards
Recognizing Innovative Women in the Biometrics Technology Market
About the Women in Biometrics Awards
The Women in Biometrics Awards program is a globally-recognized program co-founded by SIA and SecureIDNews and co-presented with Foundation Sponsor IDEMIA and additional sponsors Biometric Update and the SIA Women in Security Forum. The Women in Biometrics Awards are dedicated to recognizing innovative women creating a more secure world by guiding the biometrics technology market.
Nominations Now Open!
Nominations for the 2020 Women in Biometrics Awards program will be accepted until April 24. A jury comprised of previous award winners will select this year’s award recipients.
The recipients of the 2020 Women in Biometrics Awards, , will be honored at the 2020 SIA GovSummit, held June 2-3 in Washington, D.C., and profiled online by SecureIDNews.
More information, including details on how to submit nominations, criteria and the judging process, is available at womeninbiometrics.com.
2019 Women in Biometrics Awards Recipients
- Debra Marcopulos, Planning and Assurance Section Chief, Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Dana Michalski, Science Team Lead in Biometrics, Defence Science and Technology Group, Government of Australia
- Nicole Spaun, Senior Principal Face Biometric Expert, IDEMIA National Security Solutions
- Sherry Stein, Identity Management Program Manager, SITA
Previous Women in Biometrics Award Winners
- Kelly Gallagher (NEC Corporation of America)
- Lisa MacDonald (OBIM, DHS)
- Colleen Manaher (U.S. Customs and Border Protection, DHS)
- Lora Sims (Ideal Innovations, Inc.)
- Anne Wang (Gemalto Cogent)
- Kimberly Del Greco (Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI))
- Isabelle Moeller (Biometrics Institute)
- Liane Moriyama (Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center)
- Stephanie Schuckers (Clarkson University)
- Frances Zelazny (BioCatch)
- JoAnn Buscaglia (FBI Laboratory)
- Tovah LaDier (IBIA)
- Elham Tobassi (National Insitute of Standards and Technology)
- Teresa Wu (MorphoTrak)
- Janice Kephart
- Kimberly Mills
- Celeste Thomasson
- Kathy Tilton
- Patricia Wolfhope