Do you have an idea for a webinar that would be appropriate for the SIA community? If so, we invite you to contribute to our Call for Webinar Proposals.
SIA delivers webinars and interactive briefings on emerging trends and industry best practices within a wide range of security topics appealing to manufacturers, specifiers, integrators, dealers, security practitioners, and investors (see our upcoming schedule of SIA webinars).
The Call for webinar proposals is now open.
Submit your proposal by Jan. 11 for consideration in the 2019 SIA webinars program.
With any immediate questions or concerns, please email Ron Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit a Proposal
Proposals should include the following information: (1) webinar title and topic description (no more than 200 words); (2) speaker(s) (name, title, organization); (3) intended audience (manufacturers, integrators, practitioners, etc.); (4) the date and name of the event or conference where the session was previously presented, if applicable. Call for proposals is open to SIA Members only; submissions must be made by an SIA member company. (Not sure if your company is a member? Check our membership directory or contact Membership Director Kevin Murphy.)
SIA’s current webinar calendar includes the following topics. Priority will be given to proposals that address one of the topics noted below, but you may also suggest a new topic.
Access control; Artificial Intelligence; Cybersecurity; Drones & Robotics; Intelligent Video Surveillance; Intrusion Detection.
Vertical Market Topics
Government; Healthcare; Higher Education; K-12 Schools; Public Safety; Retail; Transportation; Workplace Violence Prevention.
Proposed content topics should be vendor-neutral and educational in nature, designed to contribute the general knowledge base of the security industry.
SIA webinars provide for an estimated presentation time of 45 minutes with the remaining 15 minutes spent on introductions and Q&A. The ideal webinar format will involve one to three speakers. Preference will be given to proposals which include channel partner(s) and/or security practitioner(s), where appropriate. Non-member speakers may be part of a proposal led by an SIA member, but the proposal must be submitted by an SIA member company.
Proposal Review Process
SIA team members and subject matter experts will review proposals and will notify you by Jan. 31, 2019, in regards to your proposal. SIA may elect to make adjustments to your proposal and may combine individual speakers from multiple proposals into a single panel if the topic warrants the approach.
If your proposal is selected, each presenter will be expected to:
- Provide a short biography (100 words) and headshot photo file to be used for promotional purposes.
- Develop a compelling slide presentation to be used for the visual component of the webinar.
- Participate in at least two webinar prep calls to familiarize yourself with the technology SIA uses and coordinate with other presenters.
- Present exceptional content at the live event!
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to advertise the webinar, handle registration, produce and host the webinar.
- Promote the webinar to SIA members and industry channel partners.
- Track program attendance and provide program registrants with information and instructions on how to access the webinar.
- Train presenters on how to use the webinar platform and assist with the entire live webinar presentation.
- Moderate the webinar. This includes formally introducing the presenters and facilitating any Q&A and/or live polling.
Webinar Proposal Questions
If you have any questions, please email Ron Hawkins, email@example.com.