Call for Webinar Proposals
Do you have an idea for a webinar that would be appropriate for educating the SIA membership and the broader security industry? If so, we invite you to contribute to our Call for Webinar Proposals.
SIA delivers webinars and interactive briefings on emerging trends and industry best practices within a wide range of security topics appealing to manufacturers, specifiers, integrators, dealers, security practitioners, and investors (see our upcoming schedule of SIA webinars as well as our archive of recorded webinars).
Deadline for proposals: August 8, 2020
How to Submit a Proposal
Proposals must include the following information:
- Webinar title and topic description (up to 200 words);
- Speaker(s) (name, title, organization);
- Intended audiences (manufacturers, integrators, practitioners, etc.);
- The date and name of the event or conference where the session was previously presented, if applicable.
The call for proposals is open to SIA Members only; submissions must be made by an SIA member company. (Not sure if your company is a member? Check our membership directory or contact Membership Director Kevin Murphy to join today.)
Format & Content
Proposed content topics must be vendor-neutral and educational in nature, designed to contribute to the general knowledge base of the security industry.
SIA webinars provide for a total length of up to 60 minutes. A common format is an estimated presentation time of 45 minutes with the other 15 minutes spent on the opening introductions and a Q&A period. The ideal webinar format will involve one to three speakers. Preference will be given to proposals which include channel partner(s) and/or security practitioner(s), where appropriate. Non-member speakers may be part of a proposal led by an SIA member, but the proposal must be submitted by an SIA member company.
Webinars must use the SIA PowerPoint template, which is available by request from SIA staff. Slides should not feature vendor or product branding.
Proposal Review Process
SIA team members and subject matter experts will review proposals and will notify you of the status of your proposal. SIA may elect to make adjustments to your proposal and may combine individual speakers from multiple proposals into a single panel if the topic warrants the approach.
If your proposal is selected, each presenter will be expected to:
- Provide a short biography (100 words) and speaker photo to be used for promotional purposes.
- Develop a compelling slide presentation to be used for the visual component of the webinar.
- Participate in at least two webinar prep calls to familiarize yourself with the technology SIA uses and coordinate with other presenters.
- Help promote the webinar program.
- Present exceptional content at the live event!
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to advertise the webinar, handle registration, produce and host the webinar.
- Promote the webinar to SIA members and industry channel partners.
- Track program attendance and provide program registrants with information and instructions on how to access the webinar.
- Train presenters on how to use the webinar platform and assist with the entire live webinar presentation.
- Moderate the webinar. This includes formally introducing the presenters and facilitating any Q&A and/or live polling.
Webinar Proposal Questions
If you have any questions, please email Ron Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org.